Monday, 11 March 2013

Pune .............Bangalore.....................................Pune

After Three months of rigorous training, I was coming back to Bangalore for the first time after moving to  Pune. It was Dec 24th  Thursday 2009,Me and my other two friends planned to start the journey towards our home as it was a long weekend.We started around 5 in the evening from our training center Manikchand Galleria(Near by Senapati Bapat Road)  to Swargate. As we didn't get any tickets in any of the private bus. We went inside the Government bus stand.

One conductor was screaming "Hubli Hubli !!' as if he will accommodate all the passengers inside the stand into his bus. We were so happy to see a KSRTC bus with our own "Namma Karnataka" touch.We boarded the bus and started the journey towards Bangalore.


We reached Hubli around 4 in the morning.We got off the bus and there was other screamer who was screaming "Bangalore Bangalore!!!".The situation we were in, was like "Mann me ek aur laddoo phoota".We jumped on to that bus without wasting any time(apart from going to the washroom).

We were into sleep once we boarded  the bus.It was around 11 am when I woke up. Almost after 7 hrs of journey,we didn't still reach Bangalore!!!!!!.Till that time I always thought Hubli is very nearer to Bangalore.I asked the conductor "Is this bus really going to Bangalore or somewhere else? . By when we will be reaching ?? any idea??".He answered with some confidence "If no traffic we will reach by 2".It means we had to spend another 3 hrs in the bus.Somehow in the frustration we slept and finally we reached our own Majestic by 2:45 pm. I reached my home, Clock was about to strike 4 .The holiday was already screwed up by the travelling and,  believe me this was not the end.There was more in store for us,A worst night mare to follow.

After two days it was Sunday,We were supposed to start from Bangalore .As usual like all guys in overconfidence, We thought we will get bus from Majestic to Hubli very easily and we will reach Hubli by 8 - 8:30.From there we will get a bus to Pune and we can reach Pune by the next day morning.But the scriptwriter had a different script written for us.

We reached Majestic at around 9:30 am and my friend was also there by the same time.We waited for Hubli bus till 11:00 and finally a bus came and we started our bone crushing,Mind blasting journey towards Pune.

As optimistic , I hoped that we will reach Hubli by 10:30.But direction of the script for that day was handed over to some pessimistic, and that was the driver of that bus.The Driver stopped for dinner at 10:30 PM at one of the Dhaba and what more.... Hubli was just 10 km away.Finally, we reached Hubli around 11:30 in that cold night.

By the time, my friend had called his friend who was in Hubli studying Mtech.When we reached Hubli, He was ready with the Self Cooked Dinner.We ate the dinner with Mirchi Manadakki, a famous snack of Hubli and waited for the Bus.Not even a single personnel from KSRTC knew at what time , which bus will come that day.At last at 12:30 AM, we decided to go to his room and sleep, and start our journey on the next day morning.

Next day,Sun came with new rays and new hope.But for the us the story was same.
We got up, ate the Coconut rice prepared by friend's buddy,It was yummy,I have never tasted a food which was so good prepared by a student.We ate that and went to Hubli Bus stand.We got a bus around 9 AM for Pune and another day of frustrating journey started.

We finally ended up in Swargate,Pune around 10:00PM. From there I took a local bus to PimpleGurav ,where I was staying with my relatives .I reached home around 11:00 PM.
Finally to my delight I made it.I was still alive...

This Journey gave me the experience of  how hell would look like.But if I look back at that time it gives me a smile on my face.I thought it was one of the moment of my life to be captured.

Thanks to my friends Ganesh,Santosh who were part of that journey.

----------------
Gururaj M J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Status....galu(Part 3)